Saturday, March 3, 2012

Did Rep. Eli Evankovich break House rules?

On Feb. 23rd I received an email from State Rep. Eli Evankovich that stated this:
If you would like to continue receiving email updates from me about state government issues during the next few months, please take a moment to visit my website and sign up. A state House rule prevents me from providing you with these updates during the 60 days before certain elections unless you specifically ask to receive them. The sign up process is a simple one. Just enter your email address and zip code in the top right-hand corner of my website.


I did not sign up to continue to receive Rep. Evankovich's emails during the 60 day blackout, that I just learned about, and would have started on Feb. 24th. However, just a few days (March 2nd) later I received an email titles 'Notes from Eli.' You can view it here.

So it appears that Rep. Evankovich broke the House rules, but what kind of punishment comes with breaking House rules? Doesn't even look like someone can challenge the breaking of these rules because Rep. Evankovich has no opponents in the Primary or General election this year.

5 comments:

The Kid said...

Would you like to get more visitors from Pittsburgh?

Submit your blog in zeole.com/pittsburgh . This is a one time submission. This would automatically submit a preview of your future blog posts in Pittsburgh, with a link back to your blog.

Enjoy more traffic from Pittsburgh :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Mr. NORTHPGH PROGRESSIVE,

The simple fact is that you signed up to receive my legislative updates. Our records indicate that you signed up on Jan. 5, 2012 at 5:40 p.m. as northpghprogressive (AT) gmail.com, which put you on the list to get them, including during the 60 day blackout period.

We only require people to sign up once to receive my emails, rather than for each legislative session. Those who do not sign up will not receive them during the blackout period.

I encourage all of your readers to sign up to receive my updates.


Thanks,

Eli Evankovich

NorthPGH Progressive said...

Mr. Evankovich:

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate posting my full email address on the internet. I had to edit your comment because I don't want to get lots of spam.

I think elected officials sending emails is great. I just don't understand how I received one email that told me I had to sign up to continue to receive your emails and I didn't, but then I did receive your emails. Now you are telling me that I did sign up for the 'blackout' emails by signing up in Jan?

If someone in your IT department made a mistake that is fine. I doubt you are the one managing these lists personally.

Anonymous said...

Eli seems smart and very conservative. Is he related to Tom Evankovich?
http://www.dvam.info/3.html I wonder if there are any campaign contributions from this hedge fund?