Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Not shocking, just frustrating

I am not shocked by a public official saying something like this:

"If they are working in our stores THEY SHOULD SPEAK ENGLISH AT ALL TIMES!!!" Mrs. Reid wrote on Facebook.

Comments like these cross party lines. While many are frustrated by the display of ignorance of someone like North Hills School Board Member Kathy Reid, there are Glenn Beck fans all over our country that would rally behind Ms. Reid.

I hope that the voters in North Hills remember her comments in 4 years if she runs again. I personally don't want to be represented by someone that judges anyone because of the color of their skin, language they are speaking, or clothing that they are wearing. However, I am not a voter in the North Hills School District and I will let the voters there decide what kind of person they want to be represented by.

No comments: