Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mary Beth Buchanan can't take the blogosphere's pressure

Earlier this week, I posted about Mary Beth Buchanan’s Amish problem. Thanks to some insightful information from a reader, I also found out about her stance as US Attorney against the religious rights of the Amish people.

Just as Candidate Buchanan couldn’t take the heat on Marty Griffin last month, she couldn’t take the heat from the blogs either. I checked her Facebook page today and she has removed the picture of her and an Amish man. While I’m glad that she has decided to respect the Amish people, I still feel it was wrong to take the picture and try to use for political gain.

As someone that believes strongly in the Constitution, I don’t want to see any religious rights stepped on. Our country is based on freedom of religion and separation of church and state. These freedoms are what our founders intended and I want politicians that will continue to fight for our Constitutional Rights.

No comments: